"The Castle on the Hill"
In the "Land of the Sky" ground was broken in 1921 for a new high school. The "Castle on the Hill", home of the "Bears", was completed in 1922 and welcomed its first students in the Spring of 1923. The Class of 1924 was the first to graduate from the new school in May of that year and the Class of 1965 was the last class to graduate from the "Castle" that June. The school building was demolished in April, 1975 but the gym survives today as the Stephens-Lee Recreation Center.
Pianist: Trevor Summey Chavis '54 Vocalist: Mary Howard Dawkins '56